Wednesday, February 18, 2009

About the Bride

Welcome to my blog!

Like most girls, I grew up with a wild imagination and enjoyed planning my fairytale wedding long before my prince entered the picture. When Jason proposed, the reality of a budget hit me between the eyes and to be honest, it took a while for me to warm up to the idea.

With the creative genes of my mother and the thrifty influence of my mother-in-law, I quickly discovered that there are lots of fun and creative ways to master the budget while keeping to the fairytale wedding from my childhood dreams. Having several friends who are heading down the aisle in the months surrounding my wedding (October 18, 2009), I felt inspired to share my saving secrets with all budgeting brides.

When the last piece of cake is cut, the music stops and the lights go out, it won't be the stunning centerpieces or the fancy guest book that people remember most. Instead, they will talk about your special vows and the contagious love that filled the air. After all, your wedding is a day to celebrate your love and commitment to your groom...

Saving money along the way is a bonus!! =)

1 comment:

  1. This is great katey! What a good thing to learn so early on in the marriage-we still are having a hard time with avoiding debt and budgeting! Congrats on it all again!

    ReplyDelete